Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our House at the end of our Street (X)

Casual Thursday. A practically impromptu spring lunch. Just before everyone arrived, I snapped a few pics. In the background, are two of the panels that make up the gorgeous triptych given to me by the extraordinary David Wiesand. These depict the E. Sachse & Co. lithograph of Mount Vernon Place and the Washington Monument (circa 1850) - in the Baltimore neighborhood I have been living in for the past seven years. What a wonderful reminder they will be of my talented friend, and my beloved 'hood'...




5 comments:

  1. is your friend David, related to McLain Wiesand in Baltimore? I've been stalking the mirror below on their website

    http://www.mclainwiesand.com/Cherry_Pegged_Mirror.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jennifer,
    Yes, David's company is McLain Wiesand. And I agree, that mirror is to die for...
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. to have such talented friends, a gift in itself

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Jennifer likes the Cherry pegged mirror! And the large Mt Vernon scenes look sizzling hot in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweetheart, its going to look amazing in your new home. xxxx

    ReplyDelete